Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Man To Truly be Respected: Arthur Pejsa

Arthur Pejsa
http://people.mnhs.org/mgg/uploads/fullsize/1428_01_f.jpg

During this past week I attended a naming ceremony at the university observatory for Arthur Pejsa. Originally I had only gone as a worker for the Planetarium and for the Observatory itself. What I found out was something I realize, I forget all to often.

Through the ceremony, different people related to Pejsa spoke about how he has inpacted their lives, and it was truly amazing. I found out that he had served in the Air Force during WWII, flying roughly thirty missions over Japan, flew over the ship when Japan surrendered, and helped design multiple world changing technology. And after all of that, he went on to be a college professor for mathematics and physics.

Arthur Pejsa:


This man, whom I don't know if I should refer to him as Captain or Doctor Pejsa, is a man to be honored and looked up to. It was an honor to meet him, and even more so to be involved in a program that he has put so much care and faith in. He truly is a hero in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Pejsa definitely sounds like an interesting man. I can see how you look up to him

    ReplyDelete