Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Real Meaning to "YOLO"

http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/68296/screenshots/678555/yolo3-03_copy.jpg

Lately I have been hearing a lot of people saying "YOLO" after doing really stupid stuff. Why is that an excuse for being stupid. Whenever I hear that it is always after hearing about how drunk they got or after they doign something copletely moronic.

Honestly this is getting out of hand. For a little why it was amusing when people made little mistakes and said "YOLO", but now my only response is "really?" I'm even hearing this from my friends and I have actually had to start asking them to stop saying it.

I have seen a few of my friends begin to do extremely stupid stuff, some of which could ruin the rest of their lives, and their only response is "YOLO". My response has come to "You only die once too", that has made many of them stop, at least around me.

The best thing that I have ever heard from someone speaking out against "YOLO" is that the true meaning of "YOLO" is that "you only live once, so do something that matters".

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard anyone say the meaning of "YOLO" is "you only die once," I found that interesting that you decided to choose your topic on that.

    ReplyDelete